Friday, October 1, 2010

Bachellorette Party

Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it.
I mean I don't generally have a problem talking about marriage and sex and joking about such things with my friends. It's what people do; I know that. And to be honest, it can be really hilarious at times. But his was just... awkward.
"Kissing isn't just for your lips," she said, reading the sex for dummies book out loud. Rather loudly, I might add.
From up the stairs a call came down. "Taryn! Don't read that out loud! I don't want to hear that coming from my oldest daughter, been if you are getting married next week."
"It's not even a big deal mom."
"You are so lucky your dad isn't in town. You know that he would just start going into great detail about your conception."
The front door shut just then.
"Hey, honey I'm home!"
Taryn gasped as she recognized the voice of her dad.
I cringed and gagged at the thought of where his conversation was headed.
Suddenly I wanted to be as far away as possible from this house and conversation before I heard something that would make me want to throw up for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment