Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You're It

I'd had it. I'd kissed her a couple times and it'd scared me every time. I kept fearing that if I kissed her again, I would go insane; that was my reasoning to why I wouldn't just go for it and let her thoughts come to me. But I didn't care anymore. Not kissing her was driving me just as insane as kissing her ever could, and I couldn't take this self-induced insanity any longer.
Kristen was just standing there, as if waiting for me to make a move. A faint smile found its way to her lips and it was that little movement that set everything in motion.
I leaned forward quickly and softly touched her lips to mine. I pulled a way almost instantly with a small chuckle, opening my eyes to gaze at her.
"You're it," I told her, a smile creeping upon my face. Her eyes lit up before me and without me realizing what she was doing, she leaned forward and kissed me back quickly before running off into the field.
All the while she was yelling back at me. "Now you're it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment