Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tsunami

Here it is again--
The hurt,
The blame,
The accusations,
But what am I to do?
Sit back, relax,
Roll with the punches,
Take each blow as if
It's deserved?
Pretend as though you did everything right?
But it's not.
And you didn't.
You're a tsunami wave--
Good for nothing but
Destruction.
Crashing, thrashing, taking lives and homes
And for what?
The chase, you're forced to, because you can?
Or so you think.
As though nothing will
Stop you.
As if you overpower all.
But now you're broken,
You're weak.
And as you fall and recede
I take up my hammer
And nails
To rebuild what you've destroyed.
The lives you have
Broken.
My life you have broken.
All our lives, the lives of those who love
You.
But here we stand--
United, a force to reckon with.
We will rebuild what you have conquered
And I will leave you
Behind.
As just a fading memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment