Monday, October 18, 2010

Return To Me

Back against the wall,
Staring out the open window,
Feet up upon the sill.
Stars twinkle up above and a breeze flows through my hair.
I gaze into the night.
Thoughts swirl through my mind-
Happy times and places,
Faces smiling in joy.
Memories of a time now passed, never to return.
Childhood and teenage years.
Peering past the city lights,
Into the night sky,
I smile at my past.
All I need to feel at peace is think about those times.
Childhood, happiness.
My tranquil state begins to rise
Envelopes me through.
I'm whole, at one, complete.
Reminiscing in my past,
I can forget the now.
Loneliness, sorrow, pain.
Keep on dreaming.
Keep on hoping.
Living in my past.
Till you return to me.


I wrote this a few months ago while in Ukraine, in the exact windowsill described above, with the city lights of Kiyv washing over me. Man, I miss that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment