Sunday, October 17, 2010

Walking... Or Lack Thereof

I knew I needed to exercise more. Especially with how my mood had been lately. This whole "being down on myself" thing was getting old, fast. And I've heard that exercising helps that. So I decided to get off my butt and do something with myself that night. That's more than I could say for my brother.
I had been walking around our neighborhood for a solid hour, weaving between the streets, back and forth. I was just about to turn the corner to my street when a familiar figure leaves the house of my bishop, along with a whole slew of others. I hear his truck beep and lights turn on as he unlocked his doors.
"Really, Steve? You couldn't walk to here? You had to drive. Do you ever do anything?" I asked. I mean, honestly, it was only three houses away.
"Want a ride too?" All I could do was raise an eyebrow and walk away from him.
The sad thing was, I knew he was serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment