Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Those People

"Hey what's up?"
"Not much. Just watching the Cardinals game. Why?"
I put my phone down on the couch and looked back at the TV screen. The Cardinals were down by 3 and it didn't look like they were going to pull out of it. It was the bottom of the 8th and the Yanks were up to bat with two outs already.
The game continued, the Cardinals managing to get another run in the top of the 9th. 
Glancing at my phone again, I noticed there still wasn't a text. It had been 20 minutes now.
"Did you have something in mind?" I asked again.
As I looked back at the game again, I saw Mark Hamilton up to bat, ready to swing. He missed entirely and I threw my head back in frustration. At this rate, I was sure my team wouldn't win...
"Jason, dinner time!" I heard my mom call down the stairs. I grumbled a bit before jumping up and heading up the stairs. I took a quick look at my phone again, just in case Marshall had said something.
Nothing.
What is with people? Who texts someone and doesn't reply? I asked myself, annoyed. Whatever. Who needed him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment