Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lighter


“Give me back my lighter,” I demanded in a mock angry tone.
“Or you’ll what, Jason? Tackle me again? I’m already down,” she laughed.
I laughed for a moment before my eyes got caught in hers. With a small smile on my face, I simply said, “No, but maybe I’ll…” kiss you.  I blinked quickly, trying to recover and get my mind as far away as possible from that train of thought.
“You’ll what, Jason?” she asked softly, keeping her eyes on me.
I began to smirk at her, prepping my hands by her waist. “Tickle you,” was all I said before my hands dove at her sides.
Her body began to twitch and convulse as I tickled her sides. Her laughing filled the air and her eyes began to twinkle.
“Jason! Jason, stop! That tickles!” she cried, laughing.
“Ha ha that’s the point, Kristen.” My snickering continued. “Are you gonna give me that lighter yet?”
“Yes, yes!” she said between gasps.
After a couple more seconds, I released her from my hold and just continued to laugh as she tried to catch her breath. She weakly held up her hand to me so I could take the lighter.
“Thank you.” I grinned at her and she tried to glare at me.
I jumped up and walked over to the small pile of wood we had plopped together and tossed some lighter fluid on it. Flicking the lighter with my thumb, I led the small flame to the kindling and lit it up. Immediately the flames caught and the warmth began to spread around and I started to warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment