Wednesday, September 29, 2010

There Are Two Types of Girls...

I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with her. Why couldn't she leave well alone?
"Jason, you can't twist the age old saying. Besides, that's straight up rude."
"Why not?" I questioned. "There is nothing wrong with what I'm saying. In fact, it's pretty much true."
I knew that was a low blow, especially considering she was a brunette, but I couldn't talk to her right now. I couldn't deal with all of this. She brought this one upon herself. I had finally started talking with her again and then she went and ruined it all. And now I was forced to ask another girl to this dance. Even though I wanted to take Kristen. The only way I could finally hopefully escape everything was if I hurt her enough to make her want to stay far, far away from me.
"'Pretty much true?' And what is that supposed to mean?" she asked, hurt. I thought I saw tears begin to fill her eyes, but she quickly recovered before I could get much of a look at her pain.
"Exactly what it sounds like, Kristen. Did I stutter? There are two types of girls in this world; blond and fat. I was sure I said it perfectly clear," I stated flatly.
Pain flashed across her face and a single tear trickled down her cheek.
Why am I so pathetic?

No comments:

Post a Comment