Saturday, September 25, 2010

Irony

How I truly hate irony. Not the fun irony, the kind that honestly make you laugh. Like beating up this guy at a club just to find out a month later that he's your new boss. Irony like that is just hilarious and everyone is able to laugh at it. Even the people who it happens to. But that's not the irony I'm referring to.
The kind of irony that runs my life is far from funny. Like my mother telling me to save my money for a "new" car in case mine breaks down instead of buying a new iTouch. Of course, I don't listen to such rubbish and what happens the next day? My car breaks down. Not only that, it breaks down 20 minutes before I'm supposed to meet one of the greatest authors ever. My favorite author of all time, the one who got me into reading. I had the perfect chance to meet him and it's been blown. Entirely. I've only been looking forward to this moment for like 5 years. But it's ok. Who really wants to meet their writing inspiration? That's just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment