Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Destiny

I don't much like the word. After all, who's to say that you already have what you're going to do, whether you want to do it or not? Where's the free agency and choice in all of this? I don't like thinking that, no matter what I choose to do, it's not really choosing. It's not my good nature that helped that boy at school pick up his books. I didn't compliment my little sister on how she looked because I was being nice and honest. It was just going to happen that way. What kind of life is that; to have every step I take, every breath that gets drawn into my lungs, every glance at a strange passerby, already planned out perfectly. And all I am is a pawn, a player's piece in a game and at the end of the day, useless.
Destiny? Who needs it? I will not be a pawn in everyone else's game.
I'll create my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment