Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The One You Love

Every time I look your way
A smile comes upon my face.
I see the twinkle in your eyes
And my heart begins to race.

I think of ways to make you smile
The most brilliant in the room.
Then as you stand beside me
I can smell of your perfume.

And memories flood my mind
As I remember perfectly that scent.
The look that said a thousand words;
The kiss and what it meant.

All things led up to this moment.
The one that's here and now.
It took years to come to pass
For us to make our vows.

Not the ones that say to us,
"Until death do us part."
But ones that say, "Forever, my love,
You'll always be in my heart."

It's not just an elusive dream
I came up with on my own.
It's something real, delightful, and warm
That ensures I'll never be alone.

I'm filled with joy at the thought,
To always be considered beloved.
But, oh, even forever isn't long enough
To be with the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment