Friday, August 13, 2010

Work Jerk

Oi. I'm really sleepy. So this is probably super inconsistent, and probably doesn't make sense on most accounts. Sorry. I'll work on it later. By the way, this is entirely based on a true story. Mine, actually.
 
I was absolutely dreading work today. And not just because it's work and no one actually likes to work. Oh, no. Up until a couple days ago, I actually enjoyed my cleaning shift, working alone. It gavce me lots of time to think and clear my head.
And then Carter came.
Carter was hired to help me with my cleaning of five buildings on campus every day. I really tried to get to know this guy, even though all my instincts were screaming no. This is because every guy I'd met in college so far was a creeper. Like Steve, 3 months earlier, who creeped me out so bad, I bought a fake engagement ring just to get him off my back. When he saw it for the first time, he drilled me. Not just politely asking questions about him. Oh no, he made it sound like my imaginary perfect man wasn't good enough for me. Then proceeded to ask me out. Ew.
Back to Carter. I had only been working with him for one day, one day, when he started to freak me out. He knew from the get go I had a boyfriend. I mean, honestly, I wore the locket he gave me with his picture in it every day, without fail.
However, although he continued to hit on me after 3 days, or rather, his pathetic attempts at flirting, I was fed up. Especially with incidents like this:
"You look like such a guy." And then 2 minutes later, "Do you want me to buy you breakfast?" Uh, no. Never. What part of "boyfriend" do you not understand Carter? Not to mention that the next day, he told me I looked cute. Ew again.
The problem with carter was not only the fact that he creeped me out, but he had only just been hired and I had no power to get him fired.
We had just been sitting in the office when he decided to offend me again.
"You're such a..." then Carter started to chuckle to himself.
"I'm a what, Carter?" I asked, annoyed. "I mean, really, if you're going to make fun of me, at least finish the insult!"
That just mad him laugh even harder, and I just got more peeved at him.
"Seriously, do you want me to treat you like a three year old and count to five? Because I will."
Carter gave the "you're crazy" look, and continued to cackle. i was done. Sick and tired of getting free food, being told I look like a boy one day and then really cute the next. I was so not dealing with him anymore.
I lifted my hand up and began counting down.
"5,4,3..." and then, he shocked me beyond anything else he'd said or done.
He grabbed my hand. Not just putting his hand over mine, but completely intertwining his fingers with mine, than he had the audacity to look me in the eyes.
I promptly kicked him in the shin.
He reached down to rub his leg as I stood.
"Try that again, and it'll be a kick to the family jewels," I warned him. Then, turning on my heel and walked out the door, satisfied.
I'd like to see him try anything with me again. The jerk.

3 comments:

  1. She best wear some sharp shoes. The shin is much harder than the toe, so most kicks to the shin actually hurt the person delivering it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. These toes are solid from playing soccer forever. :) And she also doesn't wear heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! Ha ha! Good work!

    ReplyDelete