Friday, August 20, 2010

Lesson Stealer

I was frantic.
I had only taught one of my morning classes so far and I had two more still to do in the next hour. Not to mention the three classes I had to teach later in the afternoon. But I couldn't teach my lesson if I didn't have my lesson.
I had decided to play the game memory with my kids. One of the five kids I'd already taught, Taras (the cutest little boy you'd ever seen), was obsessed with elephants. And the memory cards just so happened to be in the shape of elephants. So whenever another child got a match, boy did he freak out.
"No!" he would scream. "I'm Taras Elephant! Those my card!" And then he proceeded to cry. Loudly.
"Taras, it's ok. You can get a match too."
"No! It's mine!" he continued to scream.
After about ten minutes, his mom finally came in and took him to the side to talk with and coddle him. That's when I took the rest of the kids and brought them to their next rotation. But by the time I went back to my classroom, my lesson was gone. No elephant memory cards were to be found anywhere. I had a rotation in another 15 minutes, and I didn't have anything to go off of.
I searched high and low for those cards, but nowhere I looked were they there. I asked the other teachers if they had seen it, but none of them had. Anyone I asked had no idea where my game was, and no one had seen it. I finally gave up when I saw my new rotation of kids walking into my classroom.
Halfway through my third class of the morning, an hour later, Taras' mom came walking into my classroom again. Trying to be discreet, she placed the game on the cupboard and quickly walked off. I glared at the exit she went out of.
She stole my lesson plan. She stole my lesson plan. And walked off with it, disregarding everything about me and my other kids.
Oh, that lady was gonna get it. Oksana was going to give her a nice yelling. That's the one thing I loved about Ukrainians. They're blunt. They get to the point. And they don't back down.
As long as she gets that, I'll be happy.
Stupid lesson stealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment