Monday, August 23, 2010

Storm

Here I lay down in the grass
As the wind flies up around me.
My hair blows across my face
And I can barely see.

I feel the drops upon my face
Before my eyes can see the rain.
Tears cascade down my cheeks;
The rain hiding all the pain.

Drenched in water
Chilled to the bone.
I'm waiting for the storm to pass.

Lightning flashes.
The thunder rolls.
And I just lay here on the grass.

I stare up at the heavens
And in my mind I cry,
"Why me? Why me?"

I wait there for my answer,
Pleading for it to come.
But, oh. It won't.

I've lost what means the most to me.
I've lost the greatest part of me.
That gift from God.
It's lost from me.

6 comments:

  1. If greatest part
    Is truly lost,
    The question is not why.
    It's who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who me? Who me?"
    That doesn't seem to make much sense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's bad grammar. It should be "Who am I?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. But that's not what I'm asking though. I know who I am. I want to know why. Why I'm so stupid sometimes. Or actually, more accurately, so human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But aren't you someone different, without the greatest part of you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possibly. But it's more or less the fact that I don't have a gift with me anymore.

    ReplyDelete