Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Snot Rocket

Based on a true story. 


I think I'm going to die of over eating.
There's no way for me to describe the amount of food that I just had to shovel into my mouth. I don't know why, but for some reason, my host mom thought it was a brilliant idea to serve me a smorgasbord for breakfast. Which is ridiculous seeing as I've been trying to eat less since they put oil in everything here and I gained disgusting oil weight... Ew. But that being beside the point, my stomach has gotten so much smaller, that I honestly thought I was going to have to throw up as I walked down the stairs and out to the trolley stop.
I was being stared at by everyone this morning. I didn't think I looked too out of the ordinary than I normally did, but I had a tendency to forget I was in Ukraine which is totally foreign from America. My jeans didn't have have jewel studs everywhere and I was a girl not wearing heels, so obviously something was wrong with me. These people, I tell you. Normally, I didn't mind the weird looks and stupid stares. But today I was having to try really hard not to let my breakfast come back out the way it came in and this made me super self conscious.
I tried not to let it bother me. Instead, I looked at the people around me, tried to focus on them and what they were doing. I quickly found out that that was the worst possible idea for me to do at that moment.
Right as I looked up, I saw a man walking the opposite direction. Right as I looked at his face, he lifted his hand to his face. I figured it was just going to be an itch, but oh, no.
Putting one finger up to his nose, he took a deep breath and blew. A huge thing flew right into my path. I felt myself gag as I stared at the snot rocket, gaping up at me from the ground. And I couldn't hold it in any longer.
I flung myself as far off the sidewalk as I possibly good, right up against the gray Soviet looking apartment building and upchucked. Pretty soon I had a crowd of people around me, looks of pure disgust drawn on their faces. I quickly walked away from there and hopped on the 26 trolley, onto my route to school.
Nothing like a delicious snot rocket to brighten your morning, I think, trying not to gag again at the reminder of it. At least I know all the oil from this morning didn't have a chance to stick around. For what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment