Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rainmaker

I'm sure almost all of you can guess who this is about...

Whenever I have lost all hope
Or can't free myself from despair
I have a friend who pulls me out
Who gives me peace and some to spare.

There's a hope that lies within him
That makes me feel again
That pushes back the confusion inside
That let's the peace remain.

He surely isn't perfect
He's just a human, too
But he's where I find serenity
Like something or someone for you.

A kiss on the cheek,
A hug or a wave
Stops the commotion inside
And within me engraves

A calmness, a stillness,
A perfect tranquil state
That allows me to keep going on
And never have to wait

For some other person
Or even a thing
To calm the fury inside me
And make my heart want to sing.

For that reason and more
I can't help but adore
My rainmaker, my friend,
My peace giver to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment