Saturday, August 28, 2010

If Only

If only I had done what's right.
If only I had stayed alert.
If only I were smart enough
to keep myself from getting hurt

If only I had thought this out.
If only I was strong enough.
If only I had done it myself
And just got rid of the stuff

Then I would have lost out.

Because if only I had done it before.
If only I had been alone.
If only I went there without him
I wouldn't have made it on my own.

If only he was never there.
If only he just didn't see.
If only his arms weren't open wide
To take a hold of me.

Then I never would have felt the love.
I never would have felt the peace.
I never would have grown so much,
Or learn what he sees in me.

And never would it cross my mind
As my tears crossed over the brim,
That never would I have found someone
Who is quite as amazing as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment