Sunday, August 22, 2010

Today is Not My Day

I hadn't had too many perfect days in my life, and this definitely wasn't one of them.
This was one of those days where everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. It didn't matter what I did today, because no matter what, I had the worst luck. Not only did I wake up late for work, I then got splashed by a car driving through a puddle as I walked in. Oh, and I can't forget the rip in my pants that came during lunch. And it's only 1 pm right now. Needless to say, I'm not excited for the rest of what's to happen today.
I tried not to be in a sour mood. Really, I did. But that wasn't working well. It seemed like no matter what I did, it just got worse. I went back to working after I finished eating. I was so excited because I had a potential sale that was going to make me bank. It was going so well, and then it completely fell through, and away it went.
I decided to just call it a day and go home on sick leave. Maybe just getting some rest is what I needed. As I went home, I heard a noise coming from behind me. I looked into my rear view mirror and hit my head against the headrest.
"You have got to be kidding me," I muttered as I continued to stare at the blue and red flashing lights coming after me. I pulled over for him to talk to me. By the end of it, I was furious. This was ridiculous. I was expecting maybe a warning at worse. But, oh no. Instead, I got a ticket for speeding. I was going 1 mph over.
After that, I just gave up. Right when I got home, I flopped into bed and pulled the covers over my head. Goodbye reality. Hello dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment