Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Love You So

Confused is what I feel inside
I don't know what to feel.
I know that somewhere you exist
But how can you be real?

I have memories all stored away
In places only I can reach
To call to mind when I get down
While you're abroad to preach

But it just keeps getting harder
And my memories are fading.
How long will I remember you?
My strength has started waning.

I no longer know your voice at all
And I can't recall your smile.
I don't remember your giggle or smell
Or anything else worthwhile.

I can't recall the feel of your hair
Or the softness of your lips.
Not the way you walk or tickle my sides
Nor the touch of our final kiss.

The memories are fading beyond my grasp;
They just keep slipping away.
I'm afraid if I don't see you soon
I'll completely forget you one day.

But it's only been a few months
And there's many more to go.
But I'll stay strong and remember you
Because, Doug, I love you so.

3 comments:

  1. If I were you
    I wouldn't worry
    Though memories now are few
    What is to come, comes with a hurry

    Soon he will back
    And, once again whole,
    Will you leave this blog a lack?
    Or continue on your current roll?

    Ick, awful rhythm in my comment, but I'm in a hurry and can't help responding to poems with poems.

    ReplyDelete