Saturday, November 20, 2010

Work, Work, Work

The moment I took my shoes off, I flopped onto the new carpeted floor, stretching myself out. I was pooped, dead tired. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to drag myself up the stairs and into my bed for the night.
"How was work, sweetie?" my mom asked with a grin on her face. I threw my head to the side in order to look at her. Before I could speak, a yawn caught up in my throat.
"Long. So very long," was all I could muster out.
"Oh, how many hours did you work today?" I held up both of my pointer fingers.
"Only two? That seems to be a little skimpy if you ask me..." she muttered. I gasped.
"Not two. Eleven!" I cried out exhasperated. The eyes of my mom bugged out her head as she began to comprehend how long I was there.
"Oh my... Would you like me to get you anything?" she asked, suddenly very concerned.
"No, I'm going to bed," was all I said as I slowly made myself stand up and crawl up the stairs. I needed a weekend to recover from this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment