Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lies

You don't have to tell me
I can see it in your eyes.
You've never meant a word you've said;
All of it's just been lies.
I've never meant a thing to you.
I know I never will.
The reason you still deal with me
Is 'cause I'm like your daily pill.
You'll take me only because you have to
And I'm the only one who cares.
And you know that,
But you can't stand the things I wear.
In a way, we're still one,
But we are completely two.
We're both music freaks and crazy
But you can't handle some things I do.
I'm hyper beyond belief
But you've never seen me that way.
I'm too worried what you'd think of me,
Too scared of what you'd say.
But I guess you've never really cared
So I ask myself, "Why should I?
Why waste my time on you,
Why waste more of these tears to cry?"
But then I look at what you've done.
Oh, how you've helped me so.
But I won't be fooled by you again
So before I get burned, I'm gonna go.
What we're going through now
May be just a stupid phase.
If it is, I hope it will beo gone soon,
Because it's gone on for days.
Which makes me wonder,
What was I reading in your eyes?
Was I reading them wrong,
Or have you been telling me white lies?
Your hazel eyes,
They say so many things.
Lies or truths, no one can tell.
No one can tell what they truly mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment