Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Not Crazy

"Yeah you are."
"I am not! Don't you think I of all people would know?" I asked, looking at her as though she were stupid. Which, honestly she was. I used to do basically nothing with my time. Studying was never my strong point and so I had all this free time where I watched TV or played video games. But ever since I got this second job, I've actually been doing something with this pathetic thing I called my life.
"You work full time and you are going to school full time? You are totally crazy!" Kyra said, flabbergasted.
"That's not crazy, Kyra. That's being productive with my life."
"Productive? All right, sure, I'll give you that. But it's still crazy. And you have no social life," she pointed out. I couldn't help but laugh at that.
"That's a good one considering I didn't even have a social life before I got the second job. At least now I'm getting paid for doing something."
Kyra stared off for a moment in silence. Before too long, she looked back at me and nodded. "All right Camber. You win."

No comments:

Post a Comment